By Michael E. Schuckers
Compensating for this want, this precise text/reference offers a simple statistical technique for practitioners and testers of bioauthentication units, providing a collection of rigorous statistical equipment for comparing biometric authentication platforms. This framework of tools may be prolonged and generalized for quite a lot of purposes and tests.
This is the 1st unmarried source on statistical tools for estimation and comparability of the functionality of biometric authentication structures. The publication makes a speciality of six universal functionality metrics: for every metric, statistical tools are derived for a unmarried process that comes with self assurance periods, speculation checks, pattern measurement calculations, energy calculations and prediction periods. those equipment also are prolonged to permit for the statistical comparability and evaluate of a number of structures for either self reliant and matched data.
Topics and features:
* offers a statistical method for the commonest biometric functionality metrics: failure to sign up (FTE), failure to procure (FTA), fake non-match cost (FNMR), fake fit price (FMR), and receiver working attribute (ROC) curves
* offers tools for the comparability of 2 or extra biometric functionality metrics
* Introduces a brand new bootstrap technique for FMR and ROC curve estimation
* provides greater than one hundred twenty examples, utilizing publicly on hand biometric info the place possible
* Discusses the addition of prediction periods to the bioauthentication statistical toolset
* Describes sample-size and gear calculations for FTE, FTA, FNMR and FMR
Researchers, managers and judgements makers wanting to check biometric structures throughout numerous metrics will locate inside this reference a useful set of statistical instruments. Written for an upper-level undergraduate or master’s point viewers with a quantitative historical past, readers also are anticipated to realize the themes in a customary undergraduate facts course.
Dr. Michael E. Schuckers is affiliate Professor of information at St. Lawrence collage, Canton, new york, and a member of the heart for id expertise Research.
Read Online or Download Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics) PDF
Similar number systems books
The research of the sea is sort of as outdated because the historical past of mankind itself. while the 1st seafarers set out of their primitive ships that they had to appreciate, as top they can, tides and currents, eddies and vortices, for lack of know-how frequently ended in lack of stay. those primitive oceanographers have been, after all, essentially statisticians.
This e-book is principally dedicated to finite distinction numerical tools for fixing partial differential equations (PDEs) versions of pricing a wide selection of monetary spinoff securities. With this aim, the booklet is split into major elements. within the first half, after an advent in regards to the fundamentals on by-product securities, the authors clarify easy methods to identify the enough PDE boundary worth difficulties for various units of spinoff items (vanilla and unique suggestions, and rate of interest derivatives).
The authors have cleverly used routines and their options to discover the techniques of multivariate info research. damaged down into 3 sections, this booklet has been established to permit scholars in economics and finance to paintings their approach via a good formulated exploration of this middle subject. the 1st a part of this booklet is dedicated to graphical options.
The contents of this monograph fall in the basic quarter of nonlinear sensible research and functions. We specialize in a massive subject inside this region: geometric houses of Banach areas and nonlinear iterations, an issue of extensive examine e? orts, specifically in the earlier 30 years, or so.
- Free Boundary Problems: Theory and Applications: 154 (International Series of Numerical Mathematics)
- Geometric Modelling, Numerical Simulation, and Optimization:: Applied Mathematics at SINTEF
- Data-Driven Numerical Modelling in Geodynamics: Methods and Applications (SpringerBriefs in Earth Sciences)
- Multiscale Finite Element Methods: Theory and Applications: 4 (Surveys and Tutorials in the Applied Mathematical Sciences)
Extra resources for Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics)