By John Trigonis
Read Online or Download Crowdfunding for Filmmakers PDF
Best film & video art books
Metro videos: Cinematic Urbanism in Post-Mao China takes readers on a accomplished travel of the urbanization of chinese language cinema. Focusing totally on videos from the tip of the 20 th century, it's the first single-authored paintings to discover the connection among the alterations in chinese language society—caused partially via the arrival of postsocialism, the expansion of towns, and globalization—and the transformation of chinese language cinema.
Given Herzog’s personal pronouncement that ‘film isn't the artwork of students, yet of illiterates,’ it isn't outstanding that his paintings has aroused ambivalent and contradictory responses. Visually and philosophically bold and while provocatively eccentric, Herzog’s motion pictures were greeted both by way of severe adulation and severe condemnation.
Robert Mitchum used to be some of the most charismatic stars of the ‘classic Hollywood’ period. His display personality used to be the essence of cool: tricky yet weak, accepting of his destiny with languid allure and simple humour. His motion pictures have frequently been visible during the lens of movie noir, yet that they had anything else in universal too: the characters he performed in Out of the previous, the massive scouse borrow, His type of lady, moment likelihood, the place threat Lives, and Angel Face appeared irrevocably interested in Mexico.
The background of lively cartoons has for many years been ruled via the accomplishments of Walt Disney, giving the influence that he invented the medium. in truth, it used to be the paintings of numerous pioneers. Max Fleischer—inventor of the Rotoscope means of tracing animation body by means of body over live-action footage—was essentially the most favourite.
- Hitchcock on Hitchcock, Volume 1: Selected Writings and Interviews
- Living the Legend: The Journal of a Titanic Background Actress
- Killing the Indian Maiden: Images of Native American Women in Film
- Cinematic Overtures: How to Read Opening Scenes (Leonard Hastings Schoff Lectures)
- Carceral Fantasies: Cinema and Prison in Early Twentieth-Century America (Film and Culture Series)
- A Companion to Latin American Cinema (CNCZ - Wiley Blackwell Companions to National Cinemas)
Extra resources for Crowdfunding for Filmmakers