By David Morgan,Robin K. Morgan
This textual content ntroduces readers to the background, epistemology, and methods of single-case study layout. The authors supply concrete info on tips to become aware of, degree, and interpret switch in correct consequence variables and the way to layout concepts that advertise causal inferences.
- Includes case vignettes on particular single-case designs
- Describes scientific and utilized case studies
- Draws on a number of examples of single-case designs from released journals throughout a variety of disciplines
- Covers fresh advancements in utilized learn, together with meta-analysis and the excellence among statistical and medical significance
- Provides pedagogical instruments to aid readers grasp the fabric, together with a word list, period in-between summaries, end-of-chapter assessment questions, and actions that inspire lively processing of material.
This textual content is meant for college students and practitioners in various disciplines—including psychology, nursing, actual remedy, and occupational therapy—who are more and more known as upon to record the effectiveness of interventions.
Read or Download Single-Case Research Methods for the Behavioral and Health Sciences PDF
Best psychological research books
Multidimensional Scaling: History, Theory, and Applications
This extraordinary presentation of the basics of multidimensional scaling illustrates the applicability of MDS to a wide selection of disciplines. the 1st sections offer floor paintings within the historical past and idea of MDS. the ultimate part applies MDS ideas to such varied fields as physics, advertising and marketing, and political technological know-how.
With targeted scientific examples Busch express us while and the way to intrude to aid raise sufferer autonomy and self-reflective skills. the strategy provided will be built-in into medical perform regardless of the theoretical orientation or point of experience.
Research Methods and Statistics: An Integrated Approach
Study equipment and data: An built-in procedure via Janie H. Wilson and Shauna W. Joye bargains a totally built-in method of educating examine tools and information by way of featuring a examine query followed via the proper equipment and statistical methods had to handle it. study questions and designs develop into extra complicated as chapters development, development on less complicated inquiries to strengthen scholar studying.
Preparing Literature Reviews: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches
• Illustrates the entire steps in getting ready qualitative and quantitative literature experiences. • Emphasizes subject choice, finding literature, and heading off significant pitfalls in comparing and synthesizing literature. • indicates how one can increase literature reports in the course of the really apt inclusion of statistical effects present in the literature.
- Positive Jugendentwicklung und Prävention (German Edition)
- What If There Were No Significance Tests? (Multivariate Applications Series)
- Multiple Case Study Analysis
- An Anthropological Journey into Well-Being: Insights from Bolivia (SpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research)
- Experimental Methods in Neuropsychology (Neuropsychology and Cognition)
Extra resources for Single-Case Research Methods for the Behavioral and Health Sciences